Whilst I was shopping with my mum we popped into boots because I needed a new conditioner and she began asking me which hair companies were cruelty-free. I'm very lucky that my family are completely on board with trying to become cruelty-free and spread the word. A few other people have asked me the same thing, and so I decided this post would be all about hair products! Similar to my cosmetics post, listing companies that I deem cruelty-free or not based on whether they test on animals. If you want to see my full criteria on how I categorise the two, check back to the Cruelty-Free Cosmetics post.
Companies that do NOT test on animals:
- Aveda
- Charles Worthington (owned by PZ cussons Beauty)
- Fudge (owned by PZ cussons Beauty)
- Liz Earle
- LUSH
- Kevin Murphy
- Marks and Spencer (own brand)
- Molton Brown
- Morrisons (own brand)
- Neal's Yard Remedies
- Paul Mitchell
- Phil Smith
- Pureology
- Sainsbury's (own brand)
- SpaRitual
- Soap & Glory
- Superdrug (own brand)
- The Body Shop
- The Co-operative (own brand)
- Waitrose (own brand)
Obviously there are plenty more to choose from! I have just mentioned the main ones I know to be available in shops in the UK.
If in doubt search the leaping bunny companies list, they also have an app so you can do a quick check in store.
In case you were wondering I went with a Charles Worthington conditioner and I am LOVING it, my hair smells amazing and feels very healthy.
Next week I'll be letting you know whether youtubers own brands are cruelty-free or not.

No comments:
Post a Comment