Sunday, 9 August 2015

Lush Haul and Review

  So I’m finally starting a blog!


For my first ever post, I decided to start with a classic haul… LUSH!


Recently I purchased three products from Lush based purely on recommendations by the lovely staff in store, and I love them all! So I thought it only fair to share them.




The first product I picked up is something that has never particularly appealed to me, a solid deodorant. The one I chose is T’eo because the smell was just so fresh! The most prominent scent is lemon with a subtle hint of tea tree. The tea tree oil provides the antibacterial aspect of the deodorant, with fresh green grapes gently cleansing the skin but being careful not to strip moisture.

The one thing I was worried about when purchasing a solid deodorant was crumbling and leaving residue on my clothes. Although this is not a deodorant I would reach for when wearing black, if I use this straight after a shower and wait a few minutes before putting clothes on, I don’t have an issue. Plus, when the deodorant works as well as this one a few extra minutes in a towel is a small price to pay! I can do exercise and it lasts 48hrs without having to top up or feel conscious about having to keep my arms down. The main advantage of a solid deodorant will be in the winter months, no cold wet armpits for me!

My next purchase was their Skin's Shangri La, which first off, smells INCREDIBLE. It's not fruity, it's not floral, the only way I can describe this scent is creamy?! Is it possible for a scent to be creamy? I'm not sure. As recommend on the label, I definitely prefer using this product as a night cream because it can leave my skin feeling a little greasy, so for that reason I wouldn't recommend it for anyone with naturally oily skin. However, putting it on at night, my skin feels amazingly soft and glowy in the morning (If you do want to wear this during the day I find blotting my face with a tissue a few minutes after application removes the excess well). The consistency is so velvety too I actually enjoying rubbing it into my skin! Sad I know. This product is definitely indulgent for me because the price tag isn't small, but it is lasting much longer than I expected because of how rich it is.


I purchased Retread when I was on holiday in Croatia because I forgot to pack my conditioner, and with the salt water my hair was becoming soooo dry. I use this product about once a week as a deep treatment now I'm home, but when I was on holiday I used it every day! The consistency is like nothing I've ever tried before. To apply this I scoop a small handful out and rub it between my hands so that it is spread evenly across my palms. I then rub my hands through squeeze-dried hair and it feels as though it just instantly disappears and I need more and more! However as soon as I wash it out my hair feels silky smooth and I loved the finished result when it's dry too. So in my opinion a little goes a long way despite what you might initially think. Definitely try this product if you have dry ends or quite fly away frizzy hair because for you, this heavy-weight conditioner could be a god send!
If anyone has any Lush products they think I should try please let me know!
Hope you enjoyed my first ever post!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog