Sunday, 16 August 2015

The Beauty Blogger Tag

Since I'm just starting out I thought it would be a good idea to do a post that will let you get to know me a little better.
This one is pretty long so I'll just get straight into it!


1. Is your hair naturally curly or straight?
Somewhere in between, wavy!

2. What is your natural hair colour?
  Brown 

3. Do you dye it yourself or go to a salon?
I don't dye it. Although it was purple for a while last year, currently natural

4. How often do you wash your hair?
Every other day unfortunately. Although I stretch to three days if on the third I don't have to go out

5. Do you wear the same style every day or change it?
I don't think anyone would describe me as having a set style so I suppose I change it


6. Do you do your own mani/pedi or go to a salon?
I do my own. I've been blessed with quite good nails so they're pretty low maintenance

7. How often to you change your nail polish?
I only really wear nail polish if I'm going out somewhere fancy or its summer and I'll be wearing sandals.. too lazy!

8. Do you polish your toes in the winter, too or just in the summer?
Rarely, only if I'm wearing opened toed heels which is rare living in Glasgow throughout winter, but through the summer my toes are normally painted

9. How long does it take to put on your makeup?
Depends what I'm doing that day/night, as an everyday rule about 10 minutes but for a night out half an hour normally, I just love taking my time and enjoy doing it.

10. What do you do first? Face or eyes?
Definitely face, I use quite dewy foundation, so I like it to settle down whilst I do my eyes.

11. Do you "collect" makeup or just buy what you need when you need it?
I am known to splurge occasionally but I don't have a crazy collection, I don't think anyone NEEDS makeup, but I can definitely justify high end purchases to myself if I want to

12. How often do you wear false eyelashes?
I used to wear them to almost every party I went too! But going out at uni is a lot more casual now, so rarely

13. Do you do a full face of makeup every day?
No definitely not, I do have a lot of no/minimal makeup days. I think of makeup as more of a hobby of mine, if I get up early enough before class its just concealer and mascara

14. Do you wear makeup when you are home alone (or with family)?
Not really, only if I want to have a play around and experiment that day, or if I've previously been out

15. Will you leave the house without makeup?
I do all the time! I think it's really important to be comfortable and confident in your own skin, and a lot of my friends have the same philosophy

16. How many high end products do you have?
Most of my bases are high end because when it comes to foundation I've always found them to be so much better, after a disaster with a high street foundation about 5 years ago, I've never really looked back. Although I think I should try again, because I know there are so many great ones out there! To half answer the question, in my current every day makeup routine, my foundation (Chanel), bronzer (Chanel), mascara (YSL) and blusher (Bobbi Brown).

17. How often do you wash your makeup brushes?
Not as often as I should... (too embarrassed to admit)

18. Do you plan your OOTD every night or decide when you are getting dressed?
I'm definitely a last minute girl, unless it's like a wedding or something

19. How often do you change your handbag?
I'm completely loyal with handbags. My current one is starting to fall apart so I'm constantly looking for one to replace it, but there's just nothing out there that compares!

20. What time do you get up & go to sleep?
Being a student in summer holidays, I normally go to sleep about 1am and wake up about 10-10:30. oops..

21. How often & when do you workout?
Rarely, I absolutely love exercise, but when I'm not at uni and so close to a cheap gym I don't really work out anymore. I'm more of a sport/activity person than a gym person anyway

22. Left-handed or Right-handed?
Right-handed.

23. How tall are you?
5'3"

24. Do you speak a foreign language?
I got an A in GCSE Spanish, but trying to remember that now is a struggle beyond the days of the week

25. How many pets do you have?
I have the two most gorgeous dogs in the world, Milly an English Springer Spaniel, and Ruby a Cairn Terrier

26. How often are you on Blogger?
I have only just started out, but I check it most days

27. Do you read the comments posted blogs?
 I will do!

28. Do you keep a list of products to try as you see other posts?
Mentally yes, but I do sometimes do the frantic search on my phone to remember the name of a product whilst I'm stood at the counter

29. How did you come up with your blog name?
Brainstorming with one of my friends, I said I'd love to start a blog so she told me to go for it! I said but I have no idea what to call it... maybe this?! and she loved it. She also just started a great travel/lifestlye blog that you should go and check out if you're into that kind of thing www.discoveringvirginia27.blogspot.co.uk

30. What kind of camera do you use for photographs?
Canon Powershot SX210 IS

31. How often do you clean your house? (Daily, weekly, other)
I just generally clean and tidy as I go along, but a massive clean all at once, about once every three weeks

32. What is your favourite colour?
Violet

33. What is your favourite beauty/fashion magazine?
Cosmopolitan, I always loved Grazia too but there is just so many adverts!

34. Do you swear?
Rarely, unless something really hurt!

35. What are you doing with the rest of your day?
I'm going to try and bake some pain au chocolat from scratch for the first time ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog