Wednesday, 7 October 2015

Not So Super Toothpaste

So like I mentioned last week I've been transitioning my non-beauty cosmetics to be cruelty-free and one that I've really struggled with was toothpaste!



I have been using the Superdrug toothpaste (leaping bunny certified) and I was so happy because it was also the cheapest in the shop! However for the last week I've begun to realise why...
Whenever I use this toothpaste it leaves my mouth feeling ridiculously dry. I thought the first few times I was just dehydrated but it became apparent that really wasn't the issue. It also makes my teeth and gums feel what I can only describe as furry(?!) which I know sounds crazy. But I actually have to drink a whole bottle of water if I want to get rid of this weird sensation.
I have also had the lovely pleasure of two ulcers setting up camp in my mouth since using this toothpaste, which I assumed was just a coincidence, but gradually my gums have been feeling a lot more tender and sensitive. Not only this but my teeth are not as white as they used to be, despite the claim on the front. I really wanted to like this toothpaste, it would've made life a lot easier, but after writing a post including it last week I wanted to let anyone who was thinking of buying it know, don't!


So I'm left with a bit of a dilemma... Could really use a few suggestions on a new cruelty-free toothpaste!

Sorry. Rant over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog